
Heaven on earth. Today I discovered it. S'mores Cheesecake Bars, courtesy of
Annie's Eats. The most scrumdiddillyumptious delight I've ever created. I'm no food photographer, nor am I an accomplished baker, but I satisfied am I with my first sincere effort tonight. Next time, I will drizzle a thinner line of chocolate across the top, but otherwise I have no complaints about the dessert. I am most impressed with the cheesecake center. I had reservation about my ability to successfully bake a cheesecake, but I pulled it off. The consistency is ideal, very rich and thick. I'm also pleased with browning of the marshmallows on top. The recipe called for a kitchen torch, which I have not, so I used the low broiler setting and watched for two and a half minutes straight. The mallows ended up with just the right amount of crisping if you ask me. Having written about these delicious treats, I'm off now to eat another one.
Today's food challenge is meatballs for meatball subs tonight. I've done meatballs in the past, but today I'm attempting a new recipe. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment