Monday, February 16, 2009

language skills

Addison amazed me today. In the car, she blurted out, "that's an H. H is for Henry". Stunned, we questioned another letter of a kid in her class. "C. That's for Conan." This went on for quite a while...we were shocked.

When she was in the bath, I would randomly select one of her foam alphabet letters, say its sound and ask her what letter it was. She did well with that, so I mixed it up. I started asking her what sounds they made. She did very well with that, too. Then I mixed it up again and asked her to name a word or name that started with the letter I showed her. She did wonderfully with that! H is for Henry (boy in her class), C is for Conan (another boy in her class), D is for Doodah, N is for Nonnie or Nicole, M is for Mommy, R is for Robert (sometimes she says Daddy), G is for Grace, B is for Brown. And those were just the ones I didn't have to prompt her on.

Smart little girl.

No comments: